As a reader, we get to stay up to date to when the next installment of our favorite series is coming. We get insight into what authors are thinking through interviews. We can even send emails to authors and get feedback from them.
As an author though, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options for social media that an can be use to interact with readers and other authors. I want to make sure I am accessible and “in the know” of the latest happenings, but what site is the best?
I have set up a presence on the following sites. Some I am more active on than others and I separate them as such:
- WordPress: https://mikecoville.wordpress.com/ – This is my main website.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/profile/ArphaxadFL – I have found this to be very useful for finding books and readers.
These sites I use to let readers know when I have updated my blog:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mikecovillewriter
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcoville
- Tumblr: http://mikecoville.tumblr.com/
These are writer specific communities that I am starting to be involved in:
These sites I use sparingly:
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/mikecoville/boards/ – This is fun, but not sure how to get the most out of it yet.
- HubPages: http://hubpages.com/ – I think this one can move up my list after I use it a bit more. I am currently working on a Hub to be published soon.
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikecoville – I try to keep this purely professional.
These sites I really do not use, but set up accounts in case I decide I want to later:
- Google+ : https://plus.google.com/+MikeCoville
- Blogger: http://mikecoville.blogspot.com/
- Booklikes: http://arphaxad.booklikes.com/
- iDreamBooks: http://idreambooks.com/
What other networks are out there that people use? Is there a writer’s community I should be involved in or a reader site that I should be on so that once I eventually get a book published I would be familiar with how it works?