Here we are, 2014 starts tomorrow, and I believe it is going to be another amazing year. 2013 will end with me having taken some big steps to pursue a dream to be a published author and in 2014, I will get even closer.
I want to take this time to make public a list of goals for 2014. This goal list, much like this blog, will focus on what I want to accomplish in order to become a published author. I’m not a big fan of resolutions for the new year, I never seem to make those work, so I am setting goals. I also have a list of personal goals that have nothing to with writing, but this is not the place for those, so I will stick to the writing goals for now.
My goal list is broken down to a 1 – 3 – 6 – 12 months format. The goals I place here will be broad and each month I will reevaluate where I am at on the list and adjust as needed. If you can tell, I am a project manager by trade.
1 Month Goal: By February 1, 2014
- Write a short story in a SiFi series I am messing around with
- 1st Draft
- 1st rewrite
- Begin 1st rewrite of The Blacksmith of Milani (my NaNoWriMo project)
3 Month Goal: By April 1, 2014
- Complete 1st rewrite and submit to editor
- Begin 1st draft of book 2 of The Kingdom of Milani series
- Write 2nd short story in SiFi series
6 Month Goal: By July 1, 2014
- Complete 1st draft of book 2
- Complete 2nd rewrite of The Blacksmith of Milani
- Write 3rd and 4th short story in SiFi series
12 Month Goal: By January 1, 2015
- Submit The Blacksmith of Milani to agents
- Attend a writing conference
- Read 50 books for Goodreads challenge
- Read 12 “classic” books as a part of the challenge
This will be an exciting year for me and my family. I am thankful for 2013 and hopeful for 2014. Only God knows what will happen in the coming year, but I welcome you all to come along for the ride.
Until next time…