Chris McMullen puts a lot of good advice together in one place. It is worth your time to go read this.
1 Word of Mouth
What it can do for you:
- It can generate sales even when you’ve had a couple of recent unfavorable reviews. What a reader’s buddy tells them about your book carries more weight than what some random stranger writes on your Amazon product page.
- It doesn’t rely on Amazon to sell your book through search results or customers-also-bought lists. Those can change over time. Word-of-mouth sales can yield traffic during times when Amazon’s marketing isn’t helping your book.
- It helps your book get discovered. Instead of having to hunt your book down amongst thousands of others in that genre, your book is reaching readers’ ears directly.
- It lends credibility to your book. Somebody that readers trust is recommending your book.
- It gets readers interested in your book and puts them in a positive frame of mind at the outset. Readers discovering your book on Amazon often…
View original post 1,807 more words